Timetable of funding rounds
|From 12pm (midday) on Wednesday 6th December, to 12pm (midday) on Wednesday 13th December
|From 12pm (midday) Thursday 28th March, to 12pm (midday) on Thursday 4th April
|From 12pm (midday) Wednesday 24th July, to 12pm (midday) on Wednesday 31st July
|Confirmation of place on funding round
|Thursday 14th December
|Friday 5th April
|Thursday 1st August
|Application deadline for charities with a confirmed place on funding round
|5pm, Monday 15th January
|5pm, Monday 29th April
|5pm, Monday 9th September
|Funding Decisions Announced
|Late March / Early April
The Fore runs three funding rounds each year – Spring, Summer and Autumn. See the timetable above for all dates.
- The first step to applying is to register your interest. Registration is open for one week at the beginning of each funding round (the registration period).
- During this time please register your interest on the Apply for Funding page. This takes around 2-3minutes. Only one registration will be accepted per organisation.
- Registered applicants will receive confirmation they have been allocated a place on the funding round (confirmation of place on funding round) on the date noted above. Details of how to apply will be included. If you have not heard from us regarding your registration status by 5pm on this date, please double-check your spam/junk folders and contact us at [email protected].
- If there are more applicants registered than places available, places will be allocated at random. We sincerely regret if we are not able to offer places to all who register for each funding round. The number of places offered is limited by the amount of funding we have to distribute and our wish to give feedback to every charity that completes an application.
Information needed to register:
- The key contact’s name, job title and email address
- Your organisation’s name, legal form (that should be either a UK registered charity, CIO, “CIC” – Community Interest Company, or “CBS” – Community Benefit society) and registration number
- Your organisation address, telephone number, annual income for the last complete financial year, the sector(s) your work covers and areas where you do your work
- Whether you have applied for or received funding from us in the past.
What happens next
Stage 1: Application (for confirmed applicants only):
- You have around three weeks to complete your application
- You can check our guidelines for more detail on what we ask for.
Stage 2: Online meeting for long listed applicants
- Around 30% of Stage 1 applications are long listed
- Long listed applicants are invited via email for a meeting with one of our “Strategic Applicant Consultants”
- You can read more about what to expect in our blog post
Stage 3: Shortlisted applications are taken to our funding panels
- If you are shortlisted, your Consultant will write up a brief report to present your case to the funding panel
- The number of applicants shortlisted varies from round to round
- A rolling selection of leaders from our portfolio charities and individuals nominated by our corporate partners are the decision-makers at funding panels.
- All decision-makers are trained in assessing the potential impact of the grant on the applicant organisation in addition to analysing strategic aims and weighing up risks.
Stage 4: Announcement of successful applicants
- This is typically within 12 weeks of the application deadline
All unsuccessful applicants are offered feedback and can apply for future rounds.