Sign up to our events and workshops mailing list
We offer high quality skills support to small charities, through our workshops and training programme. Whether you've received a grant from us or not, sign up to our mailing list for accessible, affordable workshops led by industry experts.
High Net Worth Donors with B&G
15 February | 1:00 am – 4:00 pm
Cultivating private sources of income can bring numerous benefits to your organisation. Major individual donor philanthropy (aka High Net Worth Donors) can increase your unrestricted revenue, build awareness and profile and provide support to your organisation for many years. However the needs of a major donor are quite different from those of a trust, foundation or a public funder. What do you need to do to identify, secure and maintain a major donation relationship? Drawing on our own experiences as nonprofit leaders working with these kinds of donors in the UK and US, we’ll explore their benefits and potential pitfalls.
What you will learn
* donor cultivation and stewardship
* preparing for your major donor meeting
* making the ask
* donor and partnership management (with case studies from our own work as nonprofit leaders in the US and UK)
* creating and managing development/ philanthropic board
* designing and running donor events